Sunday, February 22, 2015

Sunday Ramblings

The day did not start off very well. I woke up with the beginnings of a lovely migraine and after checking the weather I knew why. It was extremely cold here.... -36 C and with the wind chill it felt like -46 C. Not fit weather for man or beast, I am just hoping that Kris stayed in and kept warm today.

I have spent a great deal of time thinking about my Lenten journey this year and what God is calling me to do to make myself ready for Easter. I might just have figured it out finally. My prayer life has not been up to par lately and after Father Brian's homily I think God is asking me to spend a bit more time in prayer and meditation. So this is what I am going to do. No giving anything up, rather more talking to God and listening for answers.

Here is what our day looked like.

Very deceiving as while the sun was shining and everything looked nice and calm things were not. Staying in was our best call.

So, what did I do? Well I scanned more pictures finishing off one set. I went through the next set.

These are pictures of the youth and our travels back when I was youth coordinator of the parish. I got rid of doubles, got rid of those that were too blurry or dark and now I am ready to start scanning these. As neither of the boys will want a copy of this set I will immediately burn 2 DVD's. One for the safety deposit box and one for here at home. I do have another batch of loose photos that I found so I will look through those for anymore.

I also finished the tablecloth for the school and will take it tomorrow to measure the sides. I have a feeling I will need to hem a bit more. Then perhaps some gold embroidery or ribbon trim.

I finished a book today as well and pulled out another to start.


I do enjoy Faye and Johnathan Kellerman mysteries. I hope this is a good one.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment