Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Randomly On A Wednesday

It has been quiet here on the old homestead this past week. Just keeping on keeping on, if you know what I mean.

I tried out my mini doughnut maker.

This machine made us a great many mini doughnuts. Smothered in cinnamon sugar they hit the spot. Best yet I didn't heat up the house using the stove or using the oven.

The silly Woodpecker that either hops around our front lawn or travels to the back yard and pecks at the power poles..... Wouldn't trees yield more of what they are looking for????

I attended the Parish Council meeting this month, and I am not looking forward to the fallout that will happen. I am just glad that my position does not take a center stage position. Things could be very hot for awhile.

We got our property tax bill today. While it is under what we budgeted for I wonder what will happen a few years down the road. It seems as if all the city bills just keep getting higher and higher. Not that our services are getting any better however, and since our library levy has gone up by about 15%, I think I better start using the library a bit more often. I have finished all my hard copy books so a trip is in order.

All my spring cleaning is done now. I am sure glad that I have caught up. Pretty sure that next year I will not be subbing as much so things should be done much sooner in the fall when I start all over.

I have not completed all my goals for the month as of yet, so a great deal of time doing so over the next few days..... I hope to have my sewing and the cutting out of new patterns finished and since Harvey has cleaned up the basement perhaps I will find the room to finish the quilt (next weeks project).
 
Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


2 comments:

  1. Your mini doughnuts look dangerously yummy, Jackie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm...nom, nom, nom....they look scrumptious! Don't forget to post pictures of your completed projects!

    ReplyDelete