Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Thrifty Tuesday

Before Kris came home last weekend he mentioned a mop that he had bought to wash his walls with. Later on he sent a picture of said mop to me telling me that this made it so easy to wash his apartment walls and that he had done all but his bedroom walls in less than 2 hours.

I looked, and looked at the picture, thinking to myself "Boy does that look familiar." Here it is the same as the mop I already own, just has a different cloth on the end. Hmmm, my brain started clicking, I pulled some flannel out of my stash and made myself three cloths to fit on the end of the mop rather than the dust catcher I have. I am going to give it a try on the living room walls tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed, cause if it works I have just saved myself over $20.00, for the tiny cost of some time and leftover fabric.

I was planning to take the vehicle to the car wash tomorrow, but guess what it is pouring rain. That should get all the nasty dust off my car and not cost me a penny. It is also filling my rain barrel, and watering the plants and grass.

The past two nights have seen me using leftover packaged meats from roasts we had in previous meals. Yesterday I made Ham Pasties (4) we ate two for our meal. Tonight I made Zucchini Pork Bake and have two slices left of the 4 the recipe made. That gives me two more suppers this week, saving me electrical costs, and time (also saves me menu wise as I can use what I had planned to make at a later date...since Kurt will be home this is a good thing).

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.



No comments:

Post a Comment