Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Thrifty Tuesday

Ahh, another Tuesday has rolled around. The weeks are just whizzing by this year. Pretty sure they did other years, but when one is working things seem to all run together, especially in June, and when you work in a school.

I did a menu plan switch today in order to use a few things up.

On Friday neither Harvey or I could finish our maple glazed salmon so it went into a container and was popped in the fridge. I was sure Harvey would have it for his lunch, but that didn't seem to happen. So today I flaked up the leftovers, mixed them with a bit of mayo and some green onions to make a sandwich filling.

Then, since we hadn't finished the cream of mushroom soup I made and it was languishing in the fridge, I pulled that out as well.

Warmed up the soup, made some salmon sandwiches and served that for our supper.

Quick, filling, great use of leftovers, no real cooking involved on this hot day, and best yet, nothing wasted. A truly thrifty and frugal meal that cost pennies to make.

Thrifty is the way to go!

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

1 comment:

  1. ok, Jackie girl...I was frugal last week or so and have a post up...now, you being the THRIFT QUEEN, you much come over, leave a comment so I'll have the Queen's autograph...lol

    ReplyDelete