Sunday, June 5, 2016

Sunday Ramblings

Today was the 10th Sunday in Ordinary Time and something in Father Brian's homily struck me. I always learn something new at Mass, but having something touch me is sometimes a different story.

The readings had to do with healing. While we can not lay hands on someone and heal them of an affliction, we can like Jesus show compassion. We can show compassion in a very simple way, as Father Brian said, by holding the door open while entering or leaving church. I don't know how many times the door has swung shut in my face, usually when entering and if nothing else it makes me feel very unwelcome in that space.

How else can we show compassion? By just listening to peoples story, by being there to lend a hand when needed, by not spreading gossip, and by spending time with shut ins. All very simple, but sometimes hard to accomplish with our busy schedules.

This week I am going to take the time to be fully there for someone who just needs to talk.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment