Monday, November 14, 2016

Menu Monday

Here we are at the mid November mark and still now snow!!! This has shortened our usual long winter by about 2 weeks, perhaps even longer. It does seem that our nice weather will be leaving us as the long range forecast calls for snow on Thursday night. Just a little I hope.

For those of you that wonder how I manage to have so much leftover roasted meat that I need to do a clean out of the fridge freezer.... Yesterday I made a small roast ham and have 4 bags of leftover meat. One bag I threw in the meat tray in the fridge, the rest reside in the freezer. Now those 3 bags in the freezer will each make us another dinner and in perhaps a case or two, a second meal. Hubby does not mind eating leftover but does draw the line at eating leftovers for an entire week. So I have to try and balance using up items with the use of new items. I oft times forget that there is a bag of something in the freezer and only find it as I add more leftover meat bags. I need a way to keep track and a place to hang the inventory once it is made.

Monday

Chicken Parm along with rice and tossed salad.

Tuesday

Leftover pork made into honey garlic pork, served with leftover rice and the remaining tossed salad.

Wednesday

Stew made in the slow cooker. Hopefully enough to have the leftovers put in a container and frozen for another meal down the road.

Thursday

Leftover ham. I will be pulling out the recipe books to see what is new and exciting.

Friday

Fish Fillets, Asian noodles (hopefully I have everything I need), and sliced fresh veggies/dip.

Saturday

Clean out the fridge. Pretty sure there will be leftovers from the week that need to be gone.

Sunday

Roast Beef, roast potatoes, roast carrots/onions and Brussel sprouts.

My week of menus, plus some put away for late on this month or even when things get a bit rushed next month.

Everybody have a wonderful day.

God bless.

2 comments:

  1. Roast dinner again for me please. I make a note of what week to eat the left over meals in the freezer, in my diary. I also found that it's very easy to forget what's put in there.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading how you do things to save money....and your menus always sound so good.
    We are having really warm weather...today was just beautiful...
    think it's supposed to be in the low 80's tomorrow...not sure as I've not checked the weather. a grandgirl told me...:)

    ReplyDelete