Saturday, November 19, 2016

Saturday Roundup

Other than the new furnace being installed and basically set up, it has been a quiet week on the old homestead.

The days seem to whiz right by, and I am beginning to think it is an age thing. The older I get, the faster time speeds by. So many times I would like to grab hold of the hours and slow them down.

Today we went to a craft sale, and I was amazed at what people charge for their homemade items. It makes me even more inclined to actually try and sell my items at a craft sale sometime in the future. A person could make a goodly sum if they find the right thing to make and sell. While there, we both entered our names for a door prize (well Harvey put my name down) and I won a lovely set of candle holders refurbished from old wooden spindles. I think those just might be what I donate to the family reunion silent auction.

Next week will be a busy one. We have the electricians coming to hard wire in the furnace (right now it is running with an extension cord), and remove an old fuse box. Then hopefully mid week the furnace installers will be back and start the venting into the area of the house that uses electric heat (really looking forward to that). This is supposed to take three days at least to accomplish, but once done it will be wonderful. Our electric bill should go down drastically over time.

After that Harvey will start the walls. Just the pine boards on the bottom to begin with and then the electricians will be here again to finish the wiring and the remaining walls and ceiling will be completed. Hopefully things will be looking pretty darn good by the end of the year.

I will begin making my Christmas to do lists early next week. I want to be prepared well in advance this year. Gifts are bought, wrapping will happen soon and then they will be put in the mail. I want to get my cards done next week as well.


Seems like the next few weeks are going to be busy ones, causing the days to speed by even faster.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about time speeding up. I too sometimes wonder if it is age related or maybe it just seems that way as you start to realise that your time on this earth isn't unlimited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love craft fairs and some items are worth the money while others aren't....and, yes, time goes by faster as we get older.....

    ReplyDelete