Sunday, November 27, 2016

Sunday Ramblings

The start of the Advent season is upon us. I have started my Christmas baking, using up what I have on hand so far. I really don't think I will have to buy much in the way of baking supplies this year, but I have barely started on my list. I do hope to complete two items a day (perhaps three on those slower days to make up for the stuffed to the gills days where I know I will only manage one).

I am trying to decide where I want my tree this year, and I think I just might have found a place. Moving the furniture around has caused a bit of a problem, I think I will be having a fairly long extension cord which is something I do not like to do. The tree will go up next weekend, a bit later than usual, but that can't be helped right now.

The Christmas card list is made, however I am leaning towards doing something I have always said I wouldn't do. Sending ecards is something I have always thought as the less personal way of wishing one and all a wonderful Christmas, but would be a great way to save on the budget. I am also leaning towards phoning my Mom's sisters to wish them a Merry Christmas. It would be really great to hear their voices and is something I could easily do.

How do all of you feel about ecards?

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry, but I love a real card. I enjoy picking out the cards and then sending them. I try to get Papyrus cards after Christmas, but I've become increasingly impressed with the Dollar Store cars recently. I don't know if they have the boxed cards, though. Need to find out on that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of e-cards (particularly for long distance relatives) and from an earth friendly point of view, but I agree that they do seem a little impersonal. I did receive one one year and it was very funny and cute. I may try using them next year, as my auntie gave me the address of a website to buy them from. I haven't actually checked them out yet though as I had already bought my cards for this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a fan of Christmas cards in general, but I do enjoy sending and receiving them from my friends overseas.

    I am not a fan of e-cards at all. I include postage as part of my budget, I think that I'd pay for coffee or a beer if I met my friends in the flesh, the cost of posting a real card is less than that so I'm happy to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dearly love getting Christmas cards in the mail but with the cost of cards and stamps, I only send cards to close family and friends. I don't really care for e-cards but it's a sign of the times.

    ReplyDelete