Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Why Did I Never Do This Before

One night about a month and a half ago I turned off my pasta pot by mistake. I am blaming this on still getting used to this new range. I had brought the water to a boil, added the pasta and brought it back to boiling. Then I thought all I did was turn it down so the pot would not boil over. It was left on the burner cause silly me thought it was still cooking.

Well I went back about 10 minutes later and my pasta was actually cooked perfectly. Boy was I surprised.

Now every time I cook pasta I do this and every time I have done so the pasta is perfectly cooked.

Saving money on electricity, and not having to clean up boiled over pasta water makes this a wonderful tip.

What do you do to save on electric costs when cooking with your range?

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

2 comments:

  1. I do that with pasta having also learned by accident! We don't have a range but the hotplates take a very long time to cool so it's ideal for things like this. I turn the heat off a few minutes early when cooking rice too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must try this. Thanks for the tip.
    xx

    ReplyDelete