Monday, June 5, 2023

Menu Monday

 


The heat we have been having the last few days (okay almost a week now) has really affected me this year. My get up and go, has got up and gone as people say. It has also caused me to get lots of stomach cramps, which really are not fun. 

I looked at my menu this week to see if I needed to change anything and to my surprise I don't. I must have realized how hot it was going to be. Lots of BBQ and/or smoking of meat, and leftovers will be warmed up either in the microwave, stove top, or frozen to be used later on.


Monday

Hamburgers, potato salad, and hamburger fixings (pickles, cheese, onions and condiments). Harvey is making 8 burgers which will give us another 3 meals. One of those will be later this week.


Tuesday

Leftover smoked pork which I will make into pulled pork sandwiches. Probably the remains of the potato salad will be used, and I may warm up some beans from the freezer.


Wednesday

Leftover Lentil Curry served over rice and I will slice up some raw veggies to go with.


Thursday

Two of the leftover hamburgers served with hamburger fixings and I will make coleslaw to go with. 


Friday

Tuna pasta salad. Lots of veggies in here. I hope to use up the remaining celery in this meal.


Saturday

Smoked porkchops, coleslaw, and probably tinfoil cooked potatoes, carrots and onions. Meal will be made on the BBQ and smoker.


Sunday

We will finish off the Tuna pasta salad.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry the hot weather has affected you so negatively - hoping you feel loads better very soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you're having issues in the heat. It doesn't look like it will break anytime soon, though we may have a brief respite on Saturday.
    I wish my son would eat potato and pasta salads. I like both and still make them, but it takes me several days of eating them each day to use them up. With this weather, I'd eat bbq'd burgers, smokies, or hotdogs every day. But although he'll eat these, I have to find something else to accompany the meat. Thank goodness for the air fryer (fries) and Sidekick noodles. I'll know he'll eat those. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drink lots of water that might help with the heat.

    ReplyDelete