Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Tuesday Tid Bits

 


Been a pretty quiet day around the old homestead. I have been finishing up a few things, working on packing for our holiday, and watching Netflix while knitting. 

Really rather boring, but perfect for getting things completed around the house. I even got a new program up and running on my computer so that we can watch movies if the weather is not nice on our holiday. Next I am going to test out the audio portion and see if we can play CD's. Trying desperately to save room packing. This cottage area has us bringing much more than the other we have enjoyed in the park. It does have air conditioning which is a big plus. 

Working on those mittens and I am hopeful of having at least 45 pairs to give to Kurt when he comes home for his bit of a holiday. Wish he could stay longer, but will take what we can get. 

We did get desperately needed rain yesterday and hopefully more will arrive soon. As long as there is no hail I am extremely happy.

Working on using items up in the fridge/freezer before we leave. Planning out meals while we are gone and taking lots from home to make this trip as inexpensive as possible. I am amazed at how expensive renting a cabin, where you have to bring your own toilet paper and towels and other items is. Not going to stay here again, that's for sure. At least they say the beds are awesome and they have a pool. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

5 comments:

  1. The cabin may be expensive but it sounds really lovely and I'm sure you will have a fab time.
    Well done on all those mittens. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suspect prices have risen because the demand is up as people didn't vacation much for the past two years. I know I've definitely seen increases in the pricing of the cruises I love to take.
    I've just finished the fifth pair of mitts for Eli's school, and I was applauding myself. 45 pairs!!! That would take me all winter.
    Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful holiday Jackie. We could really do with rain here. It's just not happening at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its not boring around my place - it's a mess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you're going to have a wonderful holiday. I am astounded at the prices to rent cottages in our area so it's not something we'll ever be doing. We live on a river so it's almost as good as being at a cottage.

    ReplyDelete