Sunday, June 18, 2023

Sunday Ramblings

 

Just a quick post on this Father's Day to answer a question before I forget. Age, you know.


I was asked how I get the dandelion oil. In the spring before they get sprayed I go out and pick as many of the yellow flowers as I can. After washing them well to get rid of little critters, I lay them on paper towel in front of a sunny window to dry. This could take awhile. Once dry, I pack the flowers into a pint canning jar and pour olive oil (this has a long shelf life so is perfect for this) over to cover. I sit the jar in the sunny window for two weeks, giving it a good shake every so often. After the two weeks I strain the flowers and oil through cheesecloth into another clean jar. Voila, dandelion oil. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

4 comments:

  1. I have seen another blogger making dandelion jelly, which looks very tasty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing what can be done with common garden plants - as our ancestors would have done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it's fairly easy to make - wish there were still dandelions out there because I would love to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for that, Jackie. It sounds very straightforward. xx

    ReplyDelete