Saturday, June 17, 2023

Saturday Roundup


 

A really quiet week here on the Phillips homestead. I watered plants, harvested lavender and rhubarb, cleaned, and made lists. I am still making lists for our vacation. Still finding things that I need to add. I am also gathering containers to fill and take with us.

Today I will just post some pictures of the dandelion salve I made. It does work if I apply it before the achy muscles get too bad. I rubbed some on after my bath last night and woke up much more limber than I have other mornings. I rubbed more on this morning and had a great deal of relief through the day.

So this is the recipe I used. I found it online.


4 oz dandelion oil by weight

1/2 oz organic cosmetic grade beeswax pellets (about 2 tbsp)

You can add another essential oil like lavender, chamomile, tea tree oil if you wish. They say 25 to 50 drops.....I didn't do this as the only other essential oil I had was lemon.


Gently heat the beeswax in a double boiler. When the wax is melted add in the dandelion oil. Allow the oil to warm up for 30-60 seconds (it actually takes longer) then stir to thoroughly combine the oil and wax. 

Remove from heat and pour into a clean dry container and allow to cool. You would add any essential oil stirred in before pouring into the container.


Shelf life depends on the life of the carrier oil. Olive oil is usually at least one year.



Melting the beeswax pellets.


Weighing the oil.



Finished product.


I am going to do up the remaining oil very soon. May as well get all the salve made and stored early.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for this - I'm glad it helps so much. How do you get dandelion oil though?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to use natural products when possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear the salve is working for you. Your week sounds lovely and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So interesting! Thanks for sharing how you make it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm interested in the dandelion oil process and how to make the salve so thank you for sharing what you did. It would be fun to try making it but too late this year.

    ReplyDelete