Thursday, June 8, 2023

Thrifty Thursday


Being thrifty is cool, just wish our temperatures would cool down a tad....

I used up a few more partial spools of thread (good thing they matched what I was sewing 😄.

Working on keeping the fridge shelves and fridge freezer as clear as possible (bit of a chore when because of the heat we really are not that hungry).

Washed the lighter jackets this week and hung them all on the outside lines.

Found two items in our closets to declutter.

Used up more bits and bobs of yarn as I have started knitting mittens once again. Lots to use up yet.

Sticking to my shopping list and substituting when cooking if I don't have the ingredient.

Harvested the dried lavender flowers and tomorrow I will harvest more to dry. The dried blossoms smell wonderful.

I am looking up recipes to make other oils with flowers and herbs growing in my garden.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

3 comments:

  1. I'm trying to use up my stash too but keep having to order some new supplies in order to make a project. In my defense most of what I'm ordering will be used in making Christmas gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lavender. I think it has to be my most favourite natural scent, closely followed by lily of the valley, rose and sweet pea. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This heat is a bit much for me too. I don't generally cool the house lower than 75F/24C, but with the construction crew here I set it lower as they were working hard. I shudder to think what my electricity bill will be after the past couple of weeks. It did cool off quite nicely overnight and, of course, they're not here today. :)

    ReplyDelete