Thursday, June 22, 2023

Thrifty Thursday

 


The usual thrifty practices have been taking place. Saving bags, shopping the sales, going through the pantry and getting items that won't spoil packed into totes to take with us on holiday. I have been weeding the garden, and looking for flowers and berries that I can forage. I have been using up, wearing out, and subbing ingredients where I can. 

Finding new and useful ways to use items that I already have. You know, the old shop at home first mantra. 

I have removed some clothing from my closets and while some have been donated others will be cut down into usable quilting squares. I am planning on some runners, hot pads, coasters, and other smaller items. Things that one uses quite often in the course of housekeeping. Lots of fabric remnants and I am planning on making myself a few more aprons. 

A friend showed me a loom that a friend of hers was selling. A $6k loom for $200.00. Man if we lived closer and I had the room (this is a large floor model) I would certainly grab it. Whoever purchases it gets a great deal, and the amount of money saved by making your own rugs, and even fabric would more than pay off the purchase. 

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.




5 comments:

  1. Too bad about the loom. Reading that reminded me that our neighbour had a big loom when I was a kid and I was always fascinated watching her use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - a real loom. What a fantastic opportunity for someone. A shame you can't take advantage of it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shopping at home first is an excellent way to save money. It especially works well on the grocery budget, using up those foods we have on hand.

    Bailey bought an embroidery machine this week on the second hand market for $400. The lady who sold it to her paid $2000 when it was new. She threw in all sorts of extras that she bought too, which was a great deal. Bailey is hoping to start another business once she learns the machine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone is going to get a heck of a deal on that loom.
    I wish I were a better seamstress, as I have a basket of my grandson's t-shirts and sleepers that I'd like to make into a quilt. Your ability to re-use something to create something new is impressive.

    ReplyDelete