Friday, January 11, 2013

Anniversary and First Winter Storm of the Year

This was the world outside my door at about 10 this morning. The snow was starting to come down and beginning to be blown around.

This was the amount of snow that had built up in our doorway. Harvey went out just after this and shoveled it away. Cleared it all out.

After a day of blowing snow I decided to take more pictures.

Here is a picture of the driveway at around 5 pm.

And this is what the bottom of the doorway looks like.
This is after a couple of hours. Harvey cleared it out 4 times today. Wonder what we will find in the morning. This is our first storm of the year and I am so glad that I had no where to go today.

Yesterday was our 37th Wedding Anniversary and Harvey brought me roses once again. This time though there was a bit of a problem. When I took the roses out of the wrapping all the leaves fell off!!! I have never had that happen in all the times he has bought me flowers. My roses look naked without their leaves. I ended up just taking a picture or two of the flowers.

You can sort of make out their nakedness in this picture. Harvey was so disappointed in his purchase. I told him it was the thought that counts. The colour is beautiful though.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely Roses! Happy Anniversary.
    We're still getting rain....sure happy not to be getting all that snow, though. Stay warm.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  2. A belated happy anniversary! I think the roses look very nice, even without leaves.

    ReplyDelete