Monday, January 7, 2013

What Else Can I Get Myself Into????

Every second year my church puts on a musical and yours truly has acted and sang (as part of the chorus) for the last 3.

This year I got a phone call saying "I hope you are taking part once again. I have your part all ready for you." What is a girl supposed to say?

This years production is called .......

It looks to be a wonderful production.

This is the schedule of practices.

I seem to be busy every weekend until the show on March 1st and 2nd. Between practices and what we lovingly call "Dance Boot Camp" I don't seem to have much in the way of spare time.

Just one of the many (okay 6 songs) that I have to learn!!! Some of them by next week.

I could gladly do all this but.....for the first time ever I have a solo! Needless to say the thought of singing in front of hundreds of people has me a bit nervous. Now I not only have to sing with the group, dance with the group, act (at least two parts perhaps more....split personality or what) I have to actually sing all by myself. Mind you I sing as a camel, so perhaps it won't be too bad after all. One can hope.......

I love to sing, and Harvey says I am sounding better and better (hmmm, does that mean I used sound terrible?) but singing on my own has me really, really scared.

Here is hoping I don't make an utter fool of myself.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


1 comment:

  1. I love to sing, too and have my own Karaoke machine but I could never do this. Something happens to me when I stand in front of other people. I lose my breath.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete