Sunday, January 20, 2013

Menus For The Week of January 20th to January 26th

With grocery prices on the rise I thought I would start to share my menus with all of you again. It also keeps me on the straight and narrow.

Sunday

Roast Pork Loin (leftovers bagged and frozen for another meal later on), leftover rice from 2 days ago, frozen beans from our garden, and leftover salad (we have been eating on this salad for 4 days now).

Monday

Steak in Mushroom Sauce, mashed potatoes, and carrots from our garden.

Tuesday

Tuna Casserole and cole slaw.

Wednesday

Leftovers from previous meals and the leftover cole slaw.

Thursday

Smoked Sausage, baked beans and pasta.

Friday

Lazy perogies (layers of lasagna noodles with cottage cheese and mashed potatoes and cheese), lots of fried onions and a salad.

Saturday

Turkey Vegetable Soup and Grilled Cheese Sandwiches (I have a workshop today and this can be pulled out of the freezer, heated and served).

Desserts will be Cherry Crisp (cherries from our trees), and pudding when the crisp runs out.

I just might change Tuesday and Wednesday around, but I am sticking as close to this plan as is possible.

Still have my cold and cough so comfort food is a must over this next week. I need fast and easy to prepare as well as inexpensive. Everything I am using is bought on sale and is part of my stock up from previous shopping trips.

I am trying to keep bills to a minimum and cooking from scratch helps with that every time. Not wasting food and packaging "planned overs" helps as well.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

1 comment:

  1. Deciding what to make for dinner is always a dilemma and a menu plan does help with that....I make up a big bowl of slaw once a week and we eat on that several meals..Honey Bear will eat some for lunch with leftovers or just some tuna...wish I'd put on some beans this morning because now I'm wondering what to make for dinner, again...
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete