Saturday, January 26, 2013

Memories of Growing Up

Tonight I am going to share a couple of memories growing up with all of you.

For years I was an only child (okay for 4 years) and got all my parents attention. I received all the photo albums after my mother passed away and even more photos after my father passed away.

This picture of me has always hung in my mom and dads living room. Whenever I would ask if I could have it I was told not until they had died. Now I have it and am just waiting for Harvey to hang it up. Of course I have to find exactly the right place for it.

Notice the dress. In all my pictures growing up I was wearing either a dress or skirt set. Hmmm, could this be why I so enjoy wearing trousers now??? Dad did not believe that girls should wear slacks or jeans and it wasn't until I reached Grade 9 that I got my first pair of jeans. I thought Dad was going to have a heart attack as they had a zipper just like men's pants. He soon got used to it though as I lived in those jeans on the weekend.

This is a picture of the entire family on my Dad's side at my grandparents 50th Anniversary. The day we celebrated it a phone call came in from one of my Aunts who could not attend due to the fact she was expecting another baby at any time. Well the baby arrived on that day so as of 2 pm that afternoon I actually had 50 cousins!!!! Now I am pretty sure it is closer to 70. There are also lots of first cousins once removed. In fact I really don't know how many of those I have or how many first cousins twice removed. This was actually the first and only time many of us had met or gotten together.

One of my uncles is not in the pictures and another died at 4 months old. My Grandmother married my Grandfather at 15 and had 16 children, 15 of which lived to celebrate this happy day with them.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment