Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Starting A New Project

Today I decided to start one of the tablecloths for one of the schools in our division, since I have to wait for embroidery floss for my machine to finish off the Girl Guide project.

First I pulled out this.

My Go Baby. This machine makes lovely 2 inch strips for quilting as well as small quilt squares. I was using it for strips today. Notice the green material sitting at the end of the table.

I placed each piece of fabric on the dye cutter.
Proceeded to put the cutting portion on top and sent it through the machine (I turn the handle to send the dye and top through).
Once the machine is finished I open it up.
And voila..... Six perfect 2" strips.

This is what I ended up with after spending 15 minutes cutting.
Hope to have a picture of the finished project tomorrow..... Or at least the start of the project (I could be getting ahead of myself here).

This used up some of my very large fabric stash and kept me busy enough with the planning and cutting that I did not miss not working full time.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


3 comments:

  1. I was eyeing one of those types of machines the other day and wondered. Thanks for the information

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie there are different cutting dies you can get. Some make flowers, others hearts, and I believe there is one that even makes diamonds.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete