Thursday, August 1, 2013

Lazy Cabbage Roll Recipe


I promised Mama Bear that I would post the recipe for my Lazy Cabbage Rolls today. Here it is.

Lazy Cabbage Rolls

1 medium head cabbage, shredded
2 1/2 lbs of ground beef
2 medium sized onions diced
3 tins tomato soup
1 tin water
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp pepper
3 cups cooked rice

Place 1/2 the cabbage in a buttered 9 x 13 dish. Since I used the tinfoil trays I skipped the buttering of the pans and just divided 1/2 the shredded cabbage among the 6 trays.

Combine the soup with the water and pour about 1/4 on the cabbage. I spooned it over to cover most of the cabbage.

Saute the onions, brown the meat.

Mix the meat, onions, garlic powder, salt, pepper and cooked rice. Add about another 1/4 of the tomato soup mixture. Place this mixture in a layer on top of the cabbage.

Top the meat layer with another layer of the shredded cabbage and pour on the rest of the soup mixture.

Bake at 350 for 1 hour.

Everybody have a wonderful day.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment