Thursday, August 22, 2013

Thursday Tid Bits

We got our vehicle back from the shop today. They could not find anything wrong with the air conditioning. Quite frankly, on the way home it seemed to be working quite well. Theresa told me to keep an eye open for leaks and if one is spotted to bring it back immediately.

Boy is it nice to have wheels once again.

I spent the morning in the sewing room and finished another two projects.

Here are photos of my newest creations.

This is a picture of my patterned knit skirt.

I like the way this one turned out. Not that I don't like the bright yellow one, but I have way more I can wear this one with.

Here is the winter white stretch cord one I made.

I can see me wearing this with tights this winter.

Next up, the grey cord.

Another skirt that will be perfect for wearing this winter.

My last photo of the day is of the cream crepe backed satin one I made.

 A bit too dressy to wear everyday, but nice to wear when we are entertaining, or out for the evening.

I made all these skirts with a bit of time and at a total cost of around $20.00. The material were either pieces I picked up at yard sales, the thrift shop or on deep sale. Actually the cream was a piece I had leftover from another project. So for a cost of about $5.00 each I managed to expand my wardrobe ten fold.

These projects have also kept me out of the stores and spending money. I have two more skirts to make and then a couple of dresses. Should keep me out of the stores for awhile.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.



No comments:

Post a Comment