Thursday, August 15, 2013

Thursday Tid Bits

We ended up having 2 inches of rain after our storm last night. The large puddle (or should I say lake) behind us grew once again. It had almost dried up before the deluge last evening. The mosquitoes are terrible and going outside is a challenge to say the least.

Today I took my shopping list and bills and ran errands for most of the morning. Bills are all paid until the end of the month now..... I will be paying ahead when we go on our trip.

I have managed to finish two of the three skirts I cut out a couple of days ago.


Here is the yellow knit. It turned out very nicely, if I do say so myself. I plan on making a patterned one using the same pattern.

Here is the grey green crepe one I finished today.

It is a bit shorter than I thought it would be and probably only suitable for wearing in the summer. I think next time I will make it a few inches longer.

Both need to be washed and pressed.

Tomorrow I plan on sewing the last skirt I have cut out and then starting to cut out a few more to replace some older skirts in my wardrobe. I need to fit this slightly overweight body I have developed over the past few years.

When a person is able to sew their clothing there is not only a saving of money but you get a better quality of clothing than what you can buy in your local Walmart, Target, or JC Penney store.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment