Sunday, August 18, 2013

Sunday Ramblings

The end of one week and the beginning of another always makes me sad. Especially when it is getting close to the end of a season.

This summer has either been very short or has whizzed by on the wings of a mosquito (can you tell we have a mosquito problem right now). I do know that our temperatures have been way below normal this summer. Very few days reached the 30 C mark and we have had way more rain than usual. While this has kept everything nice and green with very little watering involved I a beginning to dread what it means for the upcoming fall and winter.

One thing I can say is that we in Saskatchewan know how to manage a bad winter and now that we have a snow blower I am even more at ease. No more shoveling snow!!!! Considering we can have 6 months when snow is on the ground this is a good thing.
This is a picture of our snow blower. I am sure it will get lots of use this winter as I have a bad feeling. Could be wrong of course, but I am not the only one to feel this sense of unease.

Harvey and I are both getting very excited about our trip in September. Jolly old England is going to be a blast.

 Today I spent some time pulling out fabric to continue with my wardrobe additions. I have quite a stack to get through. I also picked out my yarn for some further projects to work on in the evenings.

I should have plenty to keep me busy over the next little while. For the next while I will be working on baby afghans. Kurt likes to give my handiwork away for gifts and since I still have lots of yarn for this type of project from my Mom I am more than happy to use it up.

Off to do some knitting and perhaps watch a bit of senseless television.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.



No comments:

Post a Comment