Tuesday, June 17, 2014

A Good Start to the Week

I spent most of yesterday cutting scrap fabric into usable quilt blocks. One of these days I will have to sit down and start piecing fabric together.

I still have a bit more to cut and hopefully will get that done sometime this week. At least before I add any more scraps to the collection.

I am almost finished the burgundy yarn portion of this circle on the rug project. I am hoping to get that done tonight and add some cream yarn. I will be posting a picture soon of what it looks like now tomorrow.

I also made a couple of new recipes. One was from Pinterest and Facebook to use up some of my rhubarb. I think it is okay, nothing special, but tasty enough. If you see Rhubarb Dump Cake, in any of your online searches give it a try and see what you think.

The second recipe I made was to use up some leftover ham I had packaged about a month ago and froze. This turned out very well even though I had to substitute some ingredients.

It was nice and cheesy. The casserole really hit the spot. Next time I may just try it with the correct pasta and the peas instead of the substituted green bean. I just wanted to use things up from the freezer and this seemed a good way to do so.

Off to continue making cord for my rug. Keep your fingers crossed that I use up that yarn!

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


3 comments:

  1. Jackie -
    It sounds like you are making progress on all fronts! I can't wait to see all of your sewing/quilt making and rug making! I feel like I have missed SO much since I haven't been well. Even though it was only one month, I feel like it was a lifetime!

    My rheumatologist bumped my Medrol back up to 12 mg again yesterday because I have been in such horrible pain (I was down to 4 alternating with 2...in effect...3). Now we can start with weaning process all over again. Dang, I was just losing my "chipmunk cheeks". Who knows, maybe some day they will be in vogue! I'm just a trend-setter, I know, lol.

    I am hoping today to get more quilting done on my aunt's quilt. I have added a quilt for Justin and Kait as a Christmas gift and I also have to make Ron's quilt. I don't know if my body will cooperate, but Ron said to work on Jus and Kait's quilt as it is a surprise, his can wait. Such a good hubby!

    Can't wait to see your pics!
    Lin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your quilt blocks. Do you have a specific pattern planned, or just going to wing it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. DW, I think I am just going to wing it with my next quilt. Or should I say my next to next quilt. I do have one planned, embroidered, and the blocks cut. Just have to get my idea down and start to sew.

    ReplyDelete