Wednesday, June 25, 2014

MidWeek Meanderings...A Bit of This and A Bit of That

Another cloudy, dismal day here in Southeast Saskatchewan. Rain was forecast but it never arrived, though the threat was there for most of the day.

I did manage to get a few more things stroked off my to do list and even managed to catch up on a couple from yesterday.

My first chore after the usual cleaning routine was to prepare the rhubarb I had cut a few days ago.


So I began to chop the stalks into small pieces.

Soon I had enough to almost fill this bowl.

While waiting for my butter to soften so that I could do some baking. I decided it was a good time to cut my scrap material into small squares.

All done now for awhile. Hmmm, I think I had some deconstructed jean material that I should have cut as well. Perhaps the next time.

I have been waiting for our mail person to drop off a package for awhile now. Missed her today and when I checked the mail, there it was.

For the first time ever I ordered something online and my four new patterns arrived today. As you notice they are all marked "Easy", my type of sewing exactly. Harvey really likes the skirt pattern, I really like all of them.

Then it was on to baking.

First I made this rhubarb cake.

A little too much topping but I love cinnamon and sugar!

Then I made a rhubarb loaf. Sorry no picture of this one, it is in the freezer. Probably not for long so I will share it with all of you later.

Lastly, today was the day the deck was totally finished!!

Tomorrow will be the final big yard clean up and the rearranging of the deck furniture and plants the way I want them. Hmmm, Harvey has to add the rest of the lighting as well.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.



1 comment: