Thursday, June 19, 2014

Thursday Tid Bits

No storms today even though it has been mostly overcast and dull.

I am nearing the end of my work week and the substitute work I have booked for this month. It is the end of the school year so I should be safe after Monday.

Thought I would share a few pictures of what I have been up to the past week and a half.

First, I used a sundress pattern and made myself a nightie. Turned out nice and comfy. Roomy too which is just the way I like my nightwear.

Harvey asked me if it was just a bit too flowery....... I however love the bright colours.

I also made 2 more pairs of shorts.

One more pair to be made. I love elastic waist shorts for working around the house. All that bending and stretching needs a bit of give.

I also made this dress.

I love paisley and this fabric caught my eye. The dress drapes beautifully and hides some of my mid life bulges.

I only have a couple of sewing projects left to meet my goal this month. Got to love it when things go according to plan, or at least close to plan.

No picture of the rug yet as I still have to sew the last of the burgundy cord on and it has been much too dismal to see what I am doing properly in the evening. Hopefully I can get that done on the weekend.

I have also started a Christmas gift as well as a red knit dress. The dress has simple lines and I should be close to finishing it tomorrow or late Saturday. The Christmas gift will take a bit longer to make. Youngest DS wanted a rug and so I am making him one. Hope to make a fairly large rectangular one to fit under his recliner.

Harvey is down to the final stage of rebuilding the deck. Hopefully that will be totally completed this weekend as well. He even bought some more powerful lighting for it.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.



1 comment:

  1. Jackie -
    I love big sleepwear also. I can't stand when I go to roll over and my jammies are binding, lol. I always buy much larger than I need.

    I love the items you have made. I need to lose quite a bit more before I dare to wear shorts, lol, even in the house! And, I don't own even one dress or skirt. During some of my "hot flashes" I think a nice light (seersucker?) dress would be so much cooler than jeans. One of these days I may make myself one! I do have a LARGE, long seersucker lounger that I use as my summer robe. So light and breezy!

    ReplyDelete