Saturday, June 28, 2014

Something the Garden Needed

Today the rain arrived.

You can't really tell in this picture but for most of today the rain has been steadily falling. Up until now we have gotten an inch of the lovely wet stuff. The grass is getting green again, and Harvey's garden is getting a nice soaking, something it desperately needed. Not to mention my perennial bed is getting nicely soaked as well.

What to do on a day when you can't get out to do any work?

Well, I did enter a few items in the budget page for this month, even found a bill I forgot to pay!!! Yikes, hope they don't charge interest if I can get it paid on Monday. If they do it will teach me a lesson I won't soon forget.

I also got into the sewing room and started the dreaded jacket.

I did not get it finished, but another hour or so should see it done tomorrow. And this will see the end of another challenge for this month.

This is the simple red knit pullover dress I made a couple of weeks ago. It has been hanging for awhile in order to get some of the wrinkles out from sewing.

I need to clip a few threads and it will be ready to wear.

The cooler weather was perfect for a meal of soup and sandwiches tonight. I pulled some frozen stock out of the fridge freezer and got to work.

A lovely large pot of Chicken Vegetable Soup. Served with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches it was a lovely filling meal. We have enough left over for some lunches or another supper. Once it has cooled more I will divide it up and freeze a container for later on. Planning ahead with meals that can be put together in minutes is a time and money saver around this house.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.



No comments:

Post a Comment