Friday, June 6, 2014

The End Of Another Week and I Have Been Thinking

Wow, almost a full week into June!!! I can hardly believe that May went by so quickly. My Mom always said that life went by quickly as you age. I think she knew what she was talking about.

Harvey is working hard on the deck. He is about half done now and hopefully we will be sitting on it enjoying the summer (if it ever really arrives) very soon. Tonight there is a risk of frost, so I have been running around and covering our tender plants. Sure hope this is the last frost warning until late September.

I have spent the last couple of days seriously contemplating my life and have come up with just one word.... SIMPLIFY. I need to step back and really concentrate on those things that are important to me right now.

Here is my road sign for the rest of the year.

I have some ideas on how to accomplish this over the next few months.

1.     Get off those extra church committees that seem to be heading no where fast. Perhaps I should say those ones where decisions are made without the input of all the members of the committee. I have had enough of being just a body to be used to do all the work.

2.     Keep better track of what is in my cupboards and get rid of extraneous "stuff". I have already started this cleaning out the cupboards in the kitchen. Still have a ways to go, but I am getting there.

3.     While I love working in the schools make sure I do not sub more than 4 or 5 days a pay period. I spend way too much time in that environment some months. I need to learn to say no.

4.     Cut down on decor items. Do I really need 35 doilies even if my Grandmother made them.

I am sure that as the summer goes by I will think of even more ways to simplify my life and in doing so make it more worth while to my family and friends. I will keep everyone informed of decisions I make.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

1 comment:

  1. That is an interesting thought about committees. I am thinking ahead to retiring and have thought about joining one of the women's groups at my Catholic Church. Due to my ever-changing schedule as a nurse I have never joined any groups. Now I will put more thought into what to join so as not to just fill up time, but to make it really something I want to give my time to. You are also motivating me to start cleaning out cabinets:)

    ReplyDelete