Sunday, July 3, 2016

Sunday Ramblings

Kurt left for his friends early this afternoon. I got a phone call when he arrived which was great. What was not great was learning he hit a deer 5 minutes from his destination. He wasn't hurt and overall the damage to his vehicle is not bad.

As you can see he just clipped the deer, and the damage is mostly cosmetic. At least we hope, mostly cosmetic.

I thought I might share my Rhubarb Sponge Pie recipe with you all. Especially as I have another two in the oven right now.

Rhubarb Sponge Pie

3 tbsp butter or margarine
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, separated
2 heaping tbsp flour
1/8 tsp salt
2 cups thinly sliced or chopped rhubarb

Soften butter and stir with sugar, egg yolks, flour and salt (I use my mixer). Beat whites until stiff. Add rhubarb to first mixture and stir well. Fold in stiff egg whites. Fill pie shell and bake at 400 F about 45 min or until top browns.

This picture is from last night as the other two pies are still in the oven.

I also managed to finish the closet declutter. Feeling good about most of what is in there now, though that could change as the season progresses. I hope to start on the drawers during the upcoming week.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

1 comment: