Sunday, July 24, 2016

Sunday Ramblings

It is the 17th Sunday in Ordinary time and this phrase stuck in my mind when Father Brian was reading the Gospel.

While Father Brian spent most of his homily speaking about prayer and having a prayer life I couldn't help but ponder these three words over and over again. Mostly in response to my own prayer life, which lately has been hit or miss.

During prayer we seek to be closer to our Lord, to knock on His door so to speak. We ask him to enter our hearts and so become more like Jesus. While the Lord doesn't always answer our questions and our wishes right away, I believe that if we look at our life for the long haul God has always answered us. Just perhaps not in the way we wanted, but in the way He feels is best for us.

I hope I always Ask. Seek. Knock.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

1 comment:

  1. Marilyn Hickey says: "God is always on time but so last minute."

    ReplyDelete