Wednesday, January 18, 2017

A Bit Of A Break

Not from blogging, but from the extremely cold weather we had for the last couple of weeks.

Today we got to work around the yard a bit, getting rid of snow on the roof, on the deck, and clearing some ice out of the gutters. In fact it got so warm the snow has started to melt, and water was running out the downspouts. I even got my early morning walk in since it was so nice.

The rest of the day was spent working on getting the sewing/craft room straightened out (a never ending task it seems) and those tops cut out. I can now start to sew them up tomorrow, thus finishing another goal.

The cross stitch is completed, and pictures will be posted one of these days soon. I think I will make a pillow out of it as I have another flower type cross stitch ready to go once the sewing is done. Two new pillows will brighten up the living room a bit.

I have been a good girl for the past few weeks. Nothing new has been bought, I have stuck to using things up as much as possible, stuck to my grocery list, and ran around turning off lights in rooms not in use (something Harvey seems to have a bit of a problem with once again). This will continue until the end of the month, we want to make a stock up trip to the capital (get to visit with Kris as well) and it will be a spendy one. We are running low on many basic items and for some reason those basics do not seem to be going on sale. I am also running out of certain thread colours and flosses (not so much fabric and yarn, but one never knows) so I am hoping to run into a good sale at Fabricland and at Michael's.

We also want to look at dehydrators. I would like a bigger one so that the two smaller ones we have can be donated, or in the case of one sent to the recycling depot. The ones I have do not have a temperature control and that is something I could really use when making jerky or drying herbs.

So my list is going to be made over the next few weeks and we will be set for the rest of the winter. I find that this stocking up every three months or so really helps out with the budget overall. The expense for that one month can be scary, but the next few months are very low. I do understand that this does not work for everyone, but it does work for us.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh Jackie, could you do a quick post on making jerky in a dehydrator. I got one for my birthday, but haven't had the time/courage to use it yet and I'd love to make jerky as a gift for someone, but don't really know what I'm doing. I know you have to part cook the meat to kill bacteria, so it'd be interesting to know how you do it.

    ReplyDelete