Sunday, January 1, 2017

Update On Last Months Goals and Declutter Challenge

Once again I am a bit late, but better late than never.

1.  Get the tree up and decorated.  Done.

2.  Gifts parcel done and mailed to my brothers and nieces. Done.

3.  Cards/phone calls/and ecards done.  Done.

4.  Wash, iron and frame our sons cross stitch gifts.  Done.

5.  Wrap gifts.  Done.

 6.  Finish the Christmas baking.  Done.

7.  Continue with my knitting, sewing and cross stitch projects.  Continuing, each and every day.

8.  Try for as many no spend days as possible this month (I am not going to set a goal, rather I am just going to see how many I can accumulate).   I finished off the month with a total of 24 no spend days. The nasty weather had a great deal to do with this number.

 9.  My new household calendar pages need to be made. Done. I ended up buying a daily journal and making extra pages for my monthly menu, appointments and meetings, goals and extra cleaning lists.

This year I actually managed to remove 1005 items from the house. I will be continuing this as I use up more of my fabric, cross stitch and yarn stashes. I think I just might feel a bit lighter.

Tomorrow I will post my goals for the month of January.

One wonderful thing I would like to share with all of you is that we were under our total budget for the year by almost 7k!!! Hope to do just as well this year by getting the grocery budget even lower.

The costs of the new furnace and the basement redo are from our savings account. Harvey calls them capital expenses and has a totally different spread sheet with those expenses on it. Not doing quite as well with this as things seem to be adding up much higher than expected.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Jackie, I'm inspired. You've made some amazing savings this year on your budget. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie, I need to add your declutter challenge! Great job on that and a great job on the budget! I need to wrangle that one in also.

    ReplyDelete