Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Thrifty Tuesday

The temperatures have fallen, the furnace is running more, and the sun didn't really shine at all today. Drapes are closed against the cold and dark so we are nesting once again.

Today I had three very thrifty moments on the old homestead.

Harvey had a couple of shirts that needed buttons. Of course he didn't manage to save said buttons, and had no idea where they ended up. Out came my seam ripper and I removed all the buttons from both shirts. I pulled out my button jars (I have my buttons separated by colour) and pulled enough matching buttons out to repair his shirts. The buttons I removed were added to my collection.

Then he had a couple of long sleeved t-shirts that had the elbow coming through. I made those into short sleeved tees that he can wear until they are only fit to be rags (that's how the man rolls).

Lunch saw us using up some of the myriad of leftovers that seem to collect in the fridge. Really, I don't know where they all come from. I am sure that in the dark, moist, cool of the fridge those suckers multiply. Then to use up even more in the ways of leftovers I made a stir fry for supper. Of course there is enough left of that for another meal. Now I just have to warm up, and will save myself some time and effort later in the week.

Tomorrow I will update all of you on how well I did as far as my goals last month, give you all a look at my new goals for February and let you know how we did with the monthly budget.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

1 comment:

  1. OH rolls the same way. I wish I could throw out most of his clothes, but he likes his old faithful, full of holes favourites!!

    ReplyDelete