Sunday, January 22, 2017

Sunday Ramblings

The fog lifted today and while the sun was not shining, the temperature was at least lovely and there was no wind.

I did a bit of a walk after Mass trying to figure out where I am being called and how to actually get where I am called to be. This is going to take awhile to figure out and a great deal of time in prayer and quiet listening.

I finished the shawl today and so my next task during evening knitting sessions will be working on various coloured knit squares. Those knit squares will eventually be sewn together to make another blanket for the living room to keep us warm on those chilly evenings.

Knitting while watching television is how I spend many an evening and weekend afternoons. This weekend I finished off the Victoria season, started watching Cold Feet (I heard them talking about it at the end of each Victoria episode) and didn't like it. So I managed to find the next season of Midsomer Murders!! I do like that show and will probably watch another two sessions next weekend. 

Tomorrow Harvey and I head to the bank to talk to our financial advisor. There really isn't much that she can tell us. Interest rates are low, prices are rising, and things no longer look as rosy as they used to. We will be just fine, budgeting and living within our means will see us well through our retirement years.

I do worry about the boys however. Not so much Kurt as he is a teacher and so far has enough seniority in his school division to at least be safe for the foreseeable future. Kris on the other hand is in a business where layoffs and redundancies seem to be a daily occurrence. I will keep both of them in my thoughts and prayers.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment