Tuesday, January 3, 2017

My Techie Skills

Today my shipment from Amazon arrived. Surprisingly, even with the holidays it came a day earlier then we were given to believe it would.

So far my skills with technology have not been too taxed. Well, perhaps a bit with the plug and play features of the Slim Line external hard drive.
How hard could it be to attach something this small and innocent looking to a computer. Right????

Well, the first time trying to download and install the program that runs this tiny little thing didn't take. So I had to do it all over a second time, restart the computer and cross anything that I possibly could. This time I got the program installed.

Now it was time to backup the computer. Hmmm, did the backup twice and nothing, no files at all were backed up. So after a bit of fooling around I managed to at least backup important files, and set the backup of said files to occur every Tuesday (I will probably change this eventually).

Then I decided it was time to update and sync my ereader. I couldn't eject it as some how it was being read by the external hard drive as well as my computer. What to do? I ended up ejecting the external drive (I will plug it in again next Tuesday morning) and then I could do what I wanted to do with my ereader.

So far the only item that I received today

the USB hub is the only thing that is not causing me undue problems.

Tomorrow I tackle learning how to use the micro SD cards in my tablet and ereader. And since I am busy being techie, perhaps I will save the holiday pictures to CD and clean up the picture files.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


3 comments:

  1. OH MY...I am such a dummy when it comes to all that stuff...any thing like this, I call one of the grands..or our son. :)
    Good luck on it all. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with that Jackie. You are very brave to attempt these things yourself. I am completely useless at setting up any of my technology, relying on OH to do it. I really should take a leaf out of your book, but I wouldn't know where to start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, too technical for me. I save all that for my DS.
    xx

    ReplyDelete