Sunday, January 29, 2017

Sunday Ramblings

Yesterday, the highway was not in very good condition and because of this we ended up not travelling to Regina to do our big shop. The weather is supposed to get colder over the next week so the roads should not be as icy (wind blew the snow over a melting road and caused some areas of the highway to be sheer ice), so we will be making the trip up next weekend. I do think Kris was a bit disappointed that we weren't coming up, but phoned us tonight to talk. He seems to be happy knowing we will be coming up next weekend.

Today has been quiet, a day of reflection and working on my knitting projects. I really should be sewing, but my sewing mojo seems to be hibernating right now. I am hoping that it will come back next month.

The gospel today was the Beatitudes, one of my favorite gospel readings.

I can envision Christ moving among the people saying Blessed be the poor in spirit....... and touching his followers softly on the head as he moves among them.

With the world in turmoil, and the very unchristian happenings to the south of us, more and more I am turning to the New Testament and the teachings of Christ. He tells us to open our hearts and homes to those who have less, that no matter the colour of a persons skin or their beliefs we are to love them as we love ourselves.

I am a great believer in love conquers all.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment