Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Cold and More Cold

The next few days are going to be cold ones. Time to nest here on the frozen prairies if you can.

I got a phone call today and my damaged Terraine was ready to be picked up. This is a whole day sooner than I was told it would be ready. It even smells brand new!!! Feels so good to not be sitting on the ground and driving, my loaner was an Impala and something I am just not used to driving under the conditions we have right now.

So since I now have my own vehicle back I won't be nesting in my nice warm house. Instead I will be making my first grocery run of the new year. I have made my list and will be sticking to it. As it is mostly dairy and produce the bill should not be excessive.

We are setting up the budget for this year and are hoping that prices do not go up as much as we are being told they are. This year we will only be raising the medical, house insurance and property taxes lines.

I will really be watching what we spend on groceries and hopefully will be able to hold the line here. After seeing what the stores are charging for herbs I think I just might extend my herb garden. Herbs are so easy to plant in containers and that makes them very easy to harvest.

I usually plant mint, oregano, parsley, sage, thyme, and rosemary but would like to branch out a bit. I am open to suggestions.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

1 comment: