Friday, May 10, 2024

Frugal Tips for Friday


 

I am always amazed at how quickly a week passes by, and have come to the conclusion (as most of my readers have) that as we age time seems to condense.

So what tips do I have for you this week. No recipes this week once again, hopefully something new and tasty nest week.

1.  Use appliances to save energy. Also make sure to turn off lights in rooms not in use.

2.  Grow your own herbs. This will actually save you mega change as most home grown herbs can be dried and used in many mixes.

3.  Do all your errands on one day a week, if at all possible.

4.  Keep up with vehicle maintenance and oil changes.

5.  Always be decluttering. Some can be sold, some can be donated and the rest recycled or disposed of.

6.  Get reusables where ever possible.

7.  Use a clothesline or drying rack. I am lucky enough to have lines set up downstairs.

8.  Wash and rinse your clothes in cold water whenever possible. If you can't use cold to wash, rinsing is always done in this house with cold water.

9.  Invest in good curtains to keep your windows insulated against the cold and heat.

10.  Use draft blockers by doors in the winter, even after replacing the weather stripping around them.

11.  Caulk around the windows to cut down on drafts. Replace when you can afford to.

12.  Have a no spend month. I have trouble with this one, mainly because I think anything that comes out of a bank account is spending. This includes monthly bills.... If you feel the same as me try for no spend days instead.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.
God bless.




7 comments:

  1. I have found when are temperatures get into the estriol’s digits, those draft tubes are helpful in keeping the heat out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too, am shocked at how quickly a week goes by anymore. The older we get the faster it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Draft blockers are great. I remember growing up that sand-filled snack gram used under her door. Worked like a charm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're very big on using reusable items as much as possible! Not only does it save a lot of money, it's also much better for the environment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We do pretty much all of these. Sadly a draft dodger wouldn't help us much because when there's an east wind it comes in around all our balcony door, despite adding weatherstripped. So we resorted to putting up a double layered drape that we can pull across the entire door. It helps I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to try harder to have no spend days or weeks. My spending has not been very controlled lately and I really need to rein it in.

    ReplyDelete