Monday, May 27, 2024

Menu Monday

 


Monday

Chicken Tetrazzini that was leftover from another meal and frozen. I will be serving this with a salad.


Tuesday

Round Steak Casserole served with mashed potatoes, mixed veggies and a salad.


Wednesday

The frozen meatballs from the fridge freezer, served over pasta, with a salad and corn.


Thursday

Soup and sandwiches.


Friday 

Breakfast for supper. Tonight will be pancakes.


Saturday

Leftovers from Wednesday.


Sunday

A package of frozen roasted ham made into a casserole, served with a veggie and a salad.


This will help clear out the fridge freezer a bit as well as the crisper. Casseroles take way less meat so I am stretching that out and saving money while doing so. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.





Sunday

3 comments:

  1. I like your take it or leave it sign at the top. My sister-in-law, hubby's sister, for Thanksgiving made a lavish meal but always ordered pizza for her twin boys (until they were late teens!) because they didn't like turkey. Drove hubby and I nuts!! My kids would starve, I guess, I'd never do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right casseroles don't require much in the way of meat, which is a good way to eat less meat, like we're constantly hearing we should do. I've been eating lots of casseroles of late. Had dental surgery and had to be on a soft food only diet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We very rarely eat meat for the sake of meat itself and pretty much always make casseroles out of it and have done for a number of years now. We even stretch a can of tuna by making it into a casserole and if we happen to buy sausages or hot dogs, we each eat half cut lengthwise. Once it's on a bun you don't notice that it's a lesser portion.

    ReplyDelete