Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Tuesday Tidbits and Stuff

 


It is a busy time of the year here on the old homestead. Problem is that the weather has not been very nice, and it does not seem to be getting much better. This week is going to be very cool and next week is supposed to be very rainy. Not at all the type of weather for planting gardens or flowers.

Since I probably will not be planting much the next little while, I am working on getting the pots and such filled and ready for planting. Today I managed to fill another large pot, fill a second one half way, and get my perennial garden pretty much weeded. There is a bit more I need to do in that one area.

Harvey has pretty much gotten my trellis ready for the kiwi vine. He says he will mix my soil early tomorrow so I can continue with the filling process. He really needs the wheel barrow to mix his cement for the posts for the trellis area. 

My tasks for tomorrow will be finish off those pots, make bread crumbs, finish cleaning up the projects from this month and clear out the living room. We will probably be putting together the loom very soon (well at least I hope so). I will also clean out the area near the walk way beside the house. Those tasks as well as the household ones should manage to keep me busy for most of the day. 

We are really looking forward to enjoying our backyard this summer (UK residents would call it our garden), and I will be making plans for another project for next summer.... Harvey may not agree, but I usually get my way. Call me slightly spoiled I suppose. Harvey does enjoy working outside, even if it takes him a bit longer now than when he was younger.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

5 comments:

  1. Crazy weather for sure. I'm sure it will all get done somehow.
    You are so organized.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plan your work and work your plan my Glen used to say! At least you will have everything in order when you can start planting. It will go quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The weather has been a disappointment - I thought with the warmth we got earlier in the month we'd be able to plant by now. Since I'm in the city, my daughter is going to have to plant for me next week...as long as it isn't raining.
    You'll have to share some photos of the back yard. It all sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made bread crumbs this week too, made bread case savouries and cut the the crusts off. The first time I'd done this, easy peasy, I'm quite pleased with myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've managed to get behind in commenting (again!) so will jump in where you're at. RC has planted his balcony garden and I'm hopeful he wasn't rushing it. Mind you, we've had a few days of heat but it's supposed to turn cooler for the weekend again. Just as long as we don't get frost!

    ReplyDelete