Friday, May 24, 2024

Slowly But Surel

 


Today I started my planting. I managed to actually get quite a few of my pots planted and watered those I had planted earlier. Still lots to do and I hope to get even more done tomorrow and Sunday afternoon. I have found that I can only plant a certain number and then need to rest. Still things are finally going in the ground.

I also have an area cleared in my sewing/craft room for my loom to be set up. Harvey and I will put it together probably the first week of June and then the weaving begins!!!! So very exciting. Still lots to clean up and put away in that part of the house, but things are once again slowly but surely moving forward. As I use things up storage is cleared and much of what is on the floor in boxes and totes is being put where it belongs. 

Tomorrow I will be making up my new project list, the extra cleaning list and working on my monthly menu plan. I have to thank a reader (you know who you are) for all the lovely ideas to use up the glut of oranges. Those muffins sound amazing. Thank you so much. These will definitely be made once we eat the blueberry and applesauce muffins. 

I got an email from HomeScan with a number of reasons why they were contacting me. For some reason they don't give you a reason why they are warning you, but I giggled at one of the reasons.... Many families the size of yours spend more money. Hmmm, this is a frugal household and only two people live here. I wonder how much other families spend as I sometimes think I am spending too much. The other reason was that I was having lots of scanning without codes. Well fruit, produce and some such items do not have codes other than the ones they give me in their books. I really like this point giving site as the points do really add up quickly. Hopefully they keep me on. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


8 comments:

  1. YAY on planting!!!! Finally.
    I am surprised that you haven't set the loom up yet. That will be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are making great progress with the planting Jackie - well done. Like you I can only do so much at a time then need to rest .... but I am weeding, not planting. I would much rather be planting 😉 Enjoy the weekend Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just finishing your recent posts and as always, do a mental check if I am doing the things you suggest to be organized and frugal, etc. Thank you so much for sharing your ideas and thoughts, Jackie. I had to smile at the bathrobes comment...yes, old people all wrapped up here too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you were able to get some planting done. How many containers do you keep? I'm being stingy this year, partially because my daughter doesn't want to have to care for them, and partially because the cost has sky-rocketed. We'll have a total of 9 including two hanging baskets that I couldn't resist.
    I've not heard of Home Scan either. What can you use the points for?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely need to do some gardening & weeding. We planted a lot last weekend, & I think DH might kill me if I plant anymore. ;-) I make a lot of muffins, so I definitely am here for the recipe recommendations. Glad they helped. (Hawaii Planner)

    ReplyDelete
  6. RC got his balcony garden planted and is hopeful we won't get another big storm to cause damage to it like we did last year. I'm looking forward to nice fresh lettuce and tomatoes later on.

    ReplyDelete