Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Tuesday Tidbits and Stuff

 


It was very warm here for a couple of days, but the sky was hazy due to smoke from the fires in Northern Saskatchewan and Northern Alberta. 

I opened the windows a bit in the evenings when the smoke seemed to have dissipated a little bit just to cool things down. It also allowed me to do some baking. The sausage rolls were made as well as blueberry muffins. Tomorrow I will make some applesauce muffins and add them to our collection of treats for snacks and for breakfasts.

I also started planting yesterday. Just the hardier plants as the weather has cooled down again considerably. This is probably a very good thing as I could easily be tempted into overdoing it and causing my back to go into a great deal of pain. Tomorrow a few more will be planted, and I will be getting that much closer to seeing how many more plants I will need to purchase to make our backyard/deck/garden into a summer oasis. Considering how expensive plants are now, I may just be trying to overwinter a couple more this year, not just the lemon trees.

In between baking, cleaning, and planting I have been slowly working on my various projects. Started the purse/bag and am finding that slow going. The explanation of how to sew it is not all that clear, so I am definitely taking my time. 

I ordered my loom. This is similar to the one I ordered but a tad (6") less in width. Mine will be 48" wide. I wanted it that wide to be able to weave some rugs. Spent a bit of time watching videos on how to warp it and how to weave with it.

Surprisingly it could arrive as early as Friday. Knowing Canada Post though it could be a bit longer. Still much quicker than I ever thought and about $100.00 less than on Amazon as I bought it directly from Ashford Canada. Hmm, perhaps my next hobby will be spinning. I teased Harvey yesterday and said I was going to make my living room my sewing/craft room.

Off to get reading your blogs and catch up with all of you. Then it will be time to make supper. Tonight supper is leftover roast pork made into pulled pork and potato salad.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

7 comments:

  1. I had a loom like that, but sadly I had back issues when using it, and sold it to a friend, but it was great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been running the plants in and out of the shed. It really got cool here the last two nights, about 3C and I think I'll ask my daughter to plant the containers later next week. Otherwise she may have to cover some of them at night.
    I'm sure you'll have that purse pattern figured out shortly. I'm sure Harvey won't mind if you take over the living room. :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, the loom looks like such a fun hobby! (Hawaii Planner)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good day! The loom will be such a joy to you. I think about all the neat things you will be able to make. I used to want one. ENJOY

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got a lot done today! Congrats on the loom purchase, can't wait to see this creations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your loom looks interesting. I'm excited to see what you make on it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was worried when I saw the fires out west. I'm surrounded here by a small forest so it is a concern of mine. You certainly got my attention with the loom news. I used to own one years ago and gave it away when I moved here. I never did get the hang of how to weave but it is a wonderful hobby and very useful too. Wonderful, Jackie!

    ReplyDelete