Sunday, July 21, 2013

Sunday Ramblings

It has been a fairly quiet day. We went to 10:30 Mass and worshiped with our community as the thunder rolled and the sky grew dark. The power flickered a few times, but never went off. I was very happy about that as I was one of the lectors and was worried about my voice carrying without a microphone. I know I am loud (years working with the youth of the parish had proved this), but I am out of practice projecting my voice to the back of the church. No worries though, the power stayed on and the flickers only occurred when the priest was up there.

We came home and Harvey made us brunch or perhaps a late breakfast. All I wanted was scrambled eggs and toast, so that is exactly what he handed me.

Not the fanciest of plates, but it hit the spot very well.

I started a journal for a survey company today that will last a week. Everything I eat or drink needs to be recorded. I have to take a picture and upload it to the "diary". Lots more work than I thought it would be.

I spent a bit of time cleaning and tidying my sewing/craft room. I just can not understand how something can get that jam packed with "stuff". And the "stuff" does not even belong in there!!!! I made some headway and hopefully will make a bit more after our supper.

Harvey picked the remaining beans. We have enough for another couple of meals. Not many at all for the freezer. This means I will be buying frozen green beans this year at $4.99 a package, unless I can get them on sale. I feel for Harvey as before the hail storm the garden was looking just awesome.... Now we will need to keep our fingers crossed.

Tonight I may just cast on some knitting. I need some new dish cloths and that is one item on my to do list in the sewing/craft room. Hmmm, perhaps I can get another 4 or 5 out of the leftover cotton yarn, use it up and get another project off the list. Getting projects done is one of my challenges this month. I am hoping to manage quite a few of them between getting in what is left of the garden.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.



1 comment:

  1. My craft room is the same...I'm always pulling items out and getting inspired then walking away for days....I bought some more webbing for the messenger bag as the amount called for on the pattern was inadequate. Then bought some ribbon to trim the front of the flap to hide the stitches for the velcro. I thought it needed to be sewn on both sides for strength instead of just the lining....now to just get in the mood to work on it and all the other things. Oh, well, just shut the door.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete