Thursday, July 11, 2013

Thursday Tid Bits

It has been a very warm day today and so I have spent most of the day (other then the morning running a few errands) inside in air conditioned comfort.

I did manage to get a few things accomplished, the main one being the cutting into 4" squares the material I salvaged from the clothes I received from my friend. These will be fashioned into a blanket for her Dad.

 I cut up all the white, brown and odd colours and placed them into individual small baskets to make it easier to piece them together. I still have the black and blue material to work through. I hope to be able to start the blanket by Monday. So nice not to have to buy material to make this, but recycle clothing into something else. Frugal and it keeps me busy and out of trouble.

Harvey says the garden is growing by leaps and bounds. Today he brought in a small cucumber to use in a salad that I will put together later tonight. I have been informed that we need to pick some more kohlrabi and probably a head of cauliflower shortly. Why, oh why does everything have to get picked at the same time, I just know I will be picking more beans very shortly. The kitchen will be going full blast preserving all this bounty.

Tomorrow we are making a trip to the capitol. We will do a bit (okay a lot) of shopping and take Kris out for supper. I am looking forward to this little get away.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment