Thursday, July 18, 2013

Thursday Tidbits

It has been a busy day here in the Phillips household.

Even though it stormed last night Harvey decided to finish picking the peas. He managed to get a 5 gallon pail full. So this evening after supper I managed to get an addition to the 4 bags I blanched and froze last night.

We should get another picking from the peas and hopefully another 5 or 6 bags for the freezer. I do have 2 meals of peas in the fridge and perhaps another 1 or 2 with the next picking.

Harvey figures he will be picking beans tomorrow. That might be the last pick of the season as the plants have stopped blooming.

I worked on the lap quilt for my friends father. Since the materials are all a bit different, and some seem to stretch a little when cutting the corners did not match up exactly.

I am not totally happy with it, but I am sure her father will be. I am using buttons that I took off the clothing to sandwich the layers together. Got a few more to sew on but tomorrow is another day. I am hoping to finish it very soon.....

The reason I want it finished is that I am suffering from knitting withdrawals. This has probably been the longest in years that I do not have something on my knitting needles. I can hardly wait to start another project for my evenings.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment