Thursday, July 25, 2013

Thursday Tid Bits

It has been a cool cloudy day. Really quite enjoyable after the heat wave we suffered over the past 2 weeks. Hmmm, now that is a bit of a lie. It really wasn't that hot, it was the humidity that was terrible. We have managed quite nicely today to have the air conditioning off and the windows open. Now I am hoping for rain so I don't have to water plants tomorrow or water Father Joel's memorial garden.

I promised you comparison pictures of my cross stitch project.

Well here is last weeks.

 And this one is this weeks.


You can actually see a difference. I plan on working on the sash and the sleeve this coming week. I hope that I will have lots done by the next comparison time.

I also needed some new dish cloths so I decided that my evenings would be spent knitting some out of the cotton yarn I inherited from my mom.


I have these two done, and I am hoping to get another two or three done by the time the weekend rolls around. My old dish cloths leave a lot to be desired.

I am still harvesting and drying herbs. Today I managed to get the oregano trimmed and dried. Tomorrow I am hoping to do some more chocolate mint and perhaps freeze the cauliflower out in the garden that is calling my name.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


1 comment:

  1. I love seeing the progress of a project...
    I finally got my piece hemmed so I could begin and I did get several rows done....the fabric is very stiff (it'll soften with use) daughter said I should have washed it to make it softer but she didn't tell me that before the day I asked her to help me get started so it was too late...
    It was a tad cooler here yesterday, in the eighties and as you said lower humidity so felt good sitting on the porch at Happy Hour...
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete