Saturday, September 6, 2014

Frugal or Not

Today we traveled up to Regina and spent the day with Kris. What did we do that makes me question whether it is a frugal trip or not is the fact that we visited.......Costco.

I did a major stock up and hopefully will not have to spend our hard earned cash on some items for a year and others months. I bought enough laundry detergent for probably close to 600 loads!!! Dish soap to last at least 8 months if not longer, freezer bags, K cups for our machine, meat at a much lower rate than we would be paying here, and sandwich meat that should last at least 2 or 3 months. Whew, I almost hit the floor when the total appeared. I still have a few things to get this week, but the total spent should not exceed the monthly budget by too much and the following months should be much lower.

I will also be spending the next week working in one of our schools.... So lots to do before Monday, slicing meat, bacon and freezing veggies from the garden.

At least we are very well stocked for the next little while.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

1 comment:

  1. Jackie ... I think it is money well spent. Those stock-up totals can be frightening, but it all tends to even out, because you won't be spending as much as you could have ...

    ReplyDelete