Thursday, September 25, 2014

Thursday Tid Bits And A Trip Back In My Memories

I have been extremely lazy today. I just did what I had to and other things got left to do another time. I did get my written to do list done, but other things I had planned (sewing for one) got shuffled off to be completed tomorrow or Sunday.

I will admit that I did work on my cross stitch and sewed more cord onto the rug project, but those things I can do plopped in front of the television and for the most part are mindless activities. I really should have been sewing, but just could not get the energy up to do so.

Sharing a picture of me at about the age of 2.

Growing up my Dad did not approve of pants for girls and so until about the age of 10 all I wore was dresses. My mother despaired of me ever wearing a dress without tearing it once I started walking. She said where my sister would untangle herself from whatever her dress got caught on, I was more likely just to rip myself free. I am sure she was over joyed once Dad allowed me to wear pants. I should stress that the pants I was allowed to wear were ones with an elastic waist.... According to Dad the only ones allowed to wear pants with a fly were boys or men. I am sure Dad was not happy when I got my first pair of jeans........ with a fly front.

To this day I am the one who could care less if my clothes are a bit wrinkled, or if I get caught on anything that they get ripped (my wedding gown has a small tear in it as I could not wait for anyone to untangle me). Clothing can be mended easily, whereas children grow up so quickly we need to enjoy and play with them while we can.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment