Friday, September 12, 2014

Our First Killing Frost

It is early this year, but we just had our first killing frost last night.

My tender plants are no more.

I doubt very much these impatience will come back.

My coleus are very tender. This is what they look like this evening.
No longer the large vibrant plants they were.

My Moonflower did not fair any better.
I suppose that summer is over for the time being. However I do know that summer will come once again.

Thank heavens I still have some colour with the hardier plants like the petunias!

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

2 comments:

  1. Aww ... poor flowers. Did you get in all your veggies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alas DW, while we got almost all of the tomatoes in (there were a few Hubby left behind that I would have picked), the eggplant and peppers were not mature enough to harvest....I was actually hoping for a couple more days of no frost.

    Oh well hopefully next year will be more productive.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete